CAUTION: It is important to always follow safe firearm handling.
Improper handling or misuse may result in property damage, bodily injury, or death!
For a more comprehensive safety rules please visit: http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp
- ALWAYS assume every firearm is loaded
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS control the muzzle direction at all times
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
- ALWAYS prove it safe
- ALWAYS keep your firearms out of the hands of children
- ALWAYS when not in use place in a safe or use child lock(s) to prevent accidental injury or death to a child
- ALWAYS keep a list of your firearms serial numbers safe in case of thief
- ALWAYS wear eye and ear protection
- ALWAYS clean your gun regularly to make sure it operates properly
- ALWAYS check to make sure the weapon is unloaded before you begin cleaning
- ALWAYS when you are carrying a firearm, make sure the safety is engaged. If your gun is not equipped with a safety, keep the action open ALWAYS teach your child(ren) safe firearm handling. Its one lesson we practice at our home from the time our kids were old enough to talk. Basics to teach children if they encounter a firearm:
- Don't touch
- Leave the area
- Tell an adult
Stay safe and happy shooting.