Black Rifle Arms M16 5.56x45 Bolt Carrier Group featuring our Patented Buffer Technology.
Bolt Carrier Buffer System
- Bolt Carrier Material, 8620
- Key Material: 4140
- Bolt Carrier FailZero EXO Nickel Boron Coating
- 5.56x45 Firing Pin, Mil Spec, Chromed Plated
- 5.56x45 Phosphate Bolt Assembly (Shot Peened Carpenter 158)
- Cam Pin, Phosphate
- Firing Pin Retaining Pin, Phosphate
- Integrated Polymer Buffer:
- Eliminate metal on metal contact
- Eliminates contact between the hardened steel carrier, aluminum receiver extension and buffer
- Self lubricating, shock absorbing, and has seven times the abrasion resistance of carbon steel
- Reduction in felt recoil and vibration
Our Select Fire Customers have stated carrier bounce has been eliminated due to the polymer base buffer. We have run select fire and have not experienced carrier bounce since the introduction of the integrated polymer base buffer. Patented buffer technology has been in use for 5 years with over 15,000 rounds without needing to replace the polymer buffer; however, if one damages the polymer buffer it is easily replaced.
Important Note: Some off-the-shelf rifle cleaning solutions such as Hoppe’s #9 can react negatively with NiB finishes. Since our carriers have nickel based coating these should not be used on NiB/EXO coated products. Always refer to the manufacturers recommendations before use on NiB/EXO coated products.